Safety Audit & Inspections
Ensure ComPliance with AUSTRALIAN STANDARD AS4084-2021.
Keeping Your staff, productS & operations safe.
To comply with Australian work safety laws, all industrial storage systems are also required to be inspected by a qualified professional every 12 months, and have certified safety signage to indicate the maximum unit load rating for each shelf level.
Rack Audit & Safety Inspections
- We use Inspection criteria stated by the Australian Standards
- Ensure compliance to OH&S Standards & AS 4084-2012
- Test pallet racking weight loads
- Load Signage
- Report provided outlining any rack damage & action required
- Compliance certificate issued if Safety Audit is passed
- We use Colby Protect-A-Rack racking protection
- Reduce Pallet Racking Damage
- Deflect Forklift Impact Forces away from Racking Uprights
- Designed to fit most brands of Pallet Racking
- Manufactured from Heavy Duty Steel
- Save on Additional Repair Expenses & Operational Downtime
watch the video: why choose total racking systems
to find out about TRs Watch the Video
- We’ve been coming up with storage solutions for over 40 Years
- We are the authorised distributor for Colby Storage Solutions in Sydney and Newcastle
- Designed by leading Australian Structural Engineers and manufactured in Australia with unsurpassed quality
- Colby Pallet rack meets and exceeds the Australian standards AS 4084-2012 for Steel Storage Racking.
- Structural design Certificates are supplied with all new racking.
- High strength tensile steel sourced from Wollongong, NSW
- Reduce delivery times as no waiting for international stock
We give you advice and guide you every step of the way from:
- design and layout,
- order and supply
- racking installation,
- racking warranty,
- safety audit and inspections,
- racking protection
- maintenance and repairs.
Services We Provide
Total Racking Systems help with every step of the process from design and layout, supply, delivery, installation, rack protection, safety inspections and repairs.
Warehouse layout & Design
We remove the clutter and organise your warehouse space to get the most from it. We design safe, organised and affordable commercial shelving solutions.
Supply, Install & Delivery
Our professional installers ensure the safe and quick assembly of your racking and shelving.
Our delivery lead times are low as our racking is manufactured locally.
After care & certification
Audits must be conducted each year for damage, overload and integrity. We offer repair services, protection and certification services to ensure racking safety and compliance.
Do you have any other Questions?
We are here to help you choose the best racking for your business.
Here is a list of our frequently asked questions about pallet racking.
Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
What is pallet racking?
A pallet rack is a multi-level storage solution built from vertical frameworks and load-bearing pallets. Different types of racks benefit various types of business, as well as different sizes and weights of product.
Do I need column guards / upright protection?
We highly recommend installing column guards to protect your uprights, especially if you have a lot of forklift traffic around your warehouse. Pallet racking is an investment and to make it worthwhile you need to protect your pallet racking. Racking proteection could save you thousands worth of potential damage in the long run.
Do you have to bolt down pallet racking?
Yes, all pallet racking must be anchored and secured to the floor with bolts. At least two anchors are required in each footplate to meet AS4084-2012.
I have damaged pallet racking: What should I do??
If an accident or incident has occurred which leads you to suspect that your pallet racking may be damaged, you’ll need to follow procedures as laid out in the AS 4084-2012, which may include include clearing the surrounding area and unloading the rack (if safe to do so). A qualified inspector is required to determine if repairs or replacement to the racking are required.
We are moving warehouse, can we bring our racking with us?
Yes, we will help you relocate! If your racking system is still in good condition, bringing it along with you to your new building can save you a lot of money. Total Racking Systems can help you dismantle, relocate and re-install your racking system in your new storage facility.
How high can pallet racking go?
The height is dependent on the height of the building, the reach of the lift equipment, the size and shape of the product being stored. Our selective pallet racking will go 12m high.
How much racking do i need?
The size of the warehouse, the area used for storage, the load limit or the pallet racking, the weight of the goods, the number of levels for the pallet rack and the kind of racking used all have to be taken into consideration when working out how much racking is needed. We are happy to help you work this out. We recommend booking in a free on site consultation with us.